Presidential Appointee Resumes, Cover Letters, Qualifications and “Why Appointee” Narratives
Review the 2016 Plum Book for your Presidential Appointee Job Now!
Trump Administration Resume / Application Page: Submit Here
NOTE: Resume Place Writers will NOT write a first draft of any Pres Appointee application.
You must write the first draft of the resume, objectives and cover letter.
We will edit and target the content toward a specific Plum Book position.
See Our Highly-Successful Sample Federal Resume here.
Two Editorial Services for Presidential Appointee Applications
- Presidential Appointee Application Consultation and Coaching:
3 hours minimum at $190 per hour ($570.00 minimum)
Senior resume and federal employment experts will coach you on writing the four document elements, reviewing your drafts, and discussing the match between your background and your selection of agency, mission and function. Does not include full editorial services on all written documents.
- Light Editing and Consulting – Presidential Appointee Application Consulting, Coaching and Light Editing / Review of Final Package
7 hours at $190 per hour: $1,330.00
Senior resume and federal employment experts will coach you on writing the four document elements, reviewing your drafts, and discussing the match between your background and your selection of agency, mission and function. Light editing on all four application documents.
Resume Place Background with Presidential Appointee Applications
The Resume Place enjoys a long history of successfully helping clients seek, apply for, and obtain Presidential Appointee positions. Kathryn Troutman, President, www.resume-place.com, has directed the senior team of writers and editors to craft Presidential Appointee resumes that are targeted, include relevant accomplishments and are succinct for the transition team consideration. Our expert Federal Resume Writing service and knowledge of the federal agencies and missions give us the background to edit the documents needed for the Trump Administration Application Page.
The following documents are needed for the Trump Administration Application Page. All of the narratives should be first written in WORD and then copied and pasted into the text boxes:
There are four components to the Trump Administration Presidential Appointee Application. We can provide editorial services for all components.
- Narrative about why you hope to be part of the President Elect’s administration: We can edit your draft of this “Why Appointee” statement to make a more impactful, compelling narrative.
- Cover letter: Our free Cover Letter Builder will help you draft your initial cover letter, then we can edit this document to ensure that you present your qualifications and interest effectively.
- Additional qualifications narrative: We can edit this narrative to present your political activities, leadership skills, and other relevant qualifications to be more targeted for the agency, program, and mission that you are seeking.
- Resume: We are experts at writing effective federal resumes in the Outline Format to present your skills, qualifications, and accomplishments in an organized, detailed, and reader-friendly format. You have a limit of 131,072 characters in which to make your strongest case for your qualifications, but we do NOT recommend that you write 131,072 characters for your resume. We recommend 4 or 5 pages, which is approximately 30 to 40,000 characters. We can edit, format, and review all of the content of your resume, which should be targeted toward a Plum Book position and agency. If you are a senior scientist and you have a curriculum vitae which is longer than a federal resume, this field will allow this information to be uploaded.
Selecting Your Position and Agency
You will need to select the following information to apply for a Presidential Appointee Position. Studying the Plum Book is necessary to complete this application:
- Desired Department
- Desired Function
- Desired Policy Areas
- Desired Board, Agency, Commission
Resources for Presidential Appointee Resumes and Transition Articles:
Trump Administration Transition webpages:
- Trump Administration Transition Webpage
- Description of Transition Position Application Process
- Trump Administration Presidential Appointee Application Page
- 2012 Plum Book
- For an article describing the Plum book, see G. Edward DeSeve and Mark Abramson, “Getting Ready for 2017: An Introduction to the Plum Book.”
- Mark A. Abramson, president of Leadership Inc. and coauthor of Succeeding as a Political Executive: 50 Insights from Experience.