This page has been viewed over 540,000 times since it was first posted
and over 60,000 times since the start of this year.
for USAJOBS Builder
Outline Format | View federal resume sample »
RESUME PLACE: FEDERAL RESUME
IN THE OUTLINE FORMAT!
- Features ALL CAP KEYWORDS as headers for each paragraph
- Uses small paragraphs, instead of bullets of Big Block narrative
- Separates Accomplishments so they are impressive and STAND OUT
- Emphasizes the relevant One Year Specialized Experience
for USAJOBS Builder
Paper Format | View federal resume sample »
For USAJOBS upload feature & printing
- For uploading into USAJOBS or printing as your job fair or networking resume
- Same content as the outline format in a formatted style similar to a private industry resume
- Features keywords in bold type with bullets
- Includes one year specialized experience with formatting for readability
About the Outline Format
FIRST …. do you need to write your first Federal Resume? Use our easy Federal Resume Builder: click here.
How This Format Was Created
The Resume Place, Inc. and Kathryn Troutman, President and acclaimed author created the Outline Format in 1999. All of our book samples and services feature this format.
Is the Outline Format Recognized by the Federal Government?
YES! This is the Federal Resume format that human resources recruiters like to see. It is easy to read, and they can find the keywords and qualifications EASILY when they are reading hundreds of applications.
What Makes This Outline Format Work?
Writing a federal resume is very different from writing a private industry one. Most federal resumes are 3 to 5 pages long. The challenge is to present large amounts of information in a clear, organized way that is easily scanned by both people and computers. The OUTLINE FORMAT succeeds because both the federal human resources staff or the online application programs can effectively identify that the experience you have meets the desired job qualifications.
Our Federal Resumes Feature Accomplishments!
Write your accomplishment stories with our awesome CCAR Accomplishment Builder!
Check out our free 30-minute Federal Resume Writing Webinars – Especially Writing Your Corporate America Resume and Ten Steps to a Federal Job™.
More Samples Available in Our Books
Several of our publications include professionally-written sample resumes. Many resumes are suitable for use as a template in Word. Print books include the samples on a CD-ROM, and our eBooks have the resumes ready for you to download immediately. Buy books here to purchase the samples below.