Sharon Jenkins Banks is a proven consultant and writer with more than 37 years of federal government experience. Sharon offers executive leadership consulting to both individuals and organizations. She coaches clients on SES applications and executive core qualifications, accomplishment development, and executive resume writing. As a former senior executive and adept consultant, Sharon’s expertise and insights are invaluable to SES clients.
In her federal career, Sharon served as the Deputy Chief People Officer and Director of Human Capital Management at the General Services Administration. She was also the Acting Regional Administrator of the National Capital Region and received recognition from President Barack Obama for her Region’s help with the Presidential Inauguration and Transition. As a member of the Senior Executive Service (SES), one of Sharon’s accomplishments included overseeing the implementation of American Recovery & Reinvestment Act-funded construction projects throughout the National Capital Region.
- SES packages (resume writing, accomplishment writing, ECQ’s and TQ’s)
- Project Management positions
- Resume Place’s Certified Federal Job Search Trainer/Certified Federal Career Coach (CFJST/CFCC)
- S., Organizational Management, Columbia Union College
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, SES Fellow
- 2007 Graduate of the Federal Executive Institute
- Certified Mediator and Project Manager
- Received the Administrator’s Exceptional Service Award in 2011
- Selected to serve on OPM’s Panel for Selection of Meritorious Service Award Recipients
What clients have said about Sharon
- A. K.
"Sharon, I just sent an email to Kathryn… I just wanted to profoundly THANK YOU… when I got to a quiet place and read the resume and KSA’s, I hardly recognized myself… It was pure magic, and I am eternally grateful. You a true gem, and very gifted. Thank You so very much!"