John Gagnon, Ph.D, J.D.
Dr. John Gagnon is an award-winning writer and speaker who has delivered trainings, workshops, and seminars around the world on career development, mentoring, leadership, and professional writing. A former federal employee with experience at both the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice, Dr. Gagnon has delivered expert guidance to federal, military, and private sector clients for more than a decade.
In addition to his professional background, Dr. Gagnon is an accomplished academic who has published in numerous peer-reviewed publications and presented at international, national, and regional conferences. He earned his Ph.D. in Rhetoric from Michigan State University, holds J.D. and M.S. degrees from Tulane University, and received his B.A. in English from Andrews University with honors. He also studied international legal and cultural issues at the University of Amsterdam and the International Center for Ethnic Studies in Sri Lanka.
- Veteran applicants
- Applicants moving from the private sector to federal government
- SES packages
- Federal employees moving up in or changing job series
- College students seeking their first federal or private industry job
- Current PhD., Rhetoric and Composition, Michigan State University
- J.D., Tulane University
- M.S., Tulane University
- B.A., English, Andrews University
- “Plain Language Award” for his focus on clear, concise writing and delivered expertise in program management, quality assurance, and professional training for federal employees throughout the United States.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Rhetoric Society of America
- College Composition and Communication
- Modern Language Association
- Former member of the Eberhard P. Deutsch International Law Society,
- Former member of the Tulane Human Rights Law Society
- Former member of the Baltimore Council on Foreign Affairs