TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB
CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM
What’s new with Ten Steps Training and
Federal Employment for 2018?
Time to come back and get Recertified !
TEN STEPS CURRICULUM – WHAT’S NEW!
- New One-Minute Videos that go along with the Ten Steps Curriculum – they are fun, friendly and give the class members a quick overview of what’s coming in the next step.
- New and upgraded HR Day curriculum. Three specific curriculums for HR Day: Understanding the Federal Staffing Process and Merit Principles; Veteran’s Preference versus Veterans Programs and Non-competitive Special Hiring Authorities and Programs
- More emphasis in the Ten Steps Certification Training Program is given on the Hiring Programs for federal positions, due to the competition for federal hiring. If you are coaching a 30% or more disabled veteran, a 5 point Veteran, a Schedule A candidate, or the Military Spouse Preference, you will learn how to explain how the different status increase an individual’s chances of getting hired into the federal government.
- USAJOBS UPDATE – New double sign-in system using your cell phone text – EACH TIME
- USAJOBS UPDATE – The TYPES of federal jobs are more clearly listed so that jobseekers can search more efficiently for the jobs that they would qualify for.
- New Evaluation form for Ten Steps classes for your jobseekers! Get feedback and evaluations for your classes!
- New flyer and social media suggestions for marketing your Ten Steps and STARS are Lined up classes via website, flyers, and Facebook. We have researched the best marketing approaches and we will share these with you! You can increase your attendance and job search results.
Here is Step Six – Federal Resume Writing – the BIGGEST STEP OF ALL!
Stars are Lined UP for Military Spouses on USAJOBS and PPP-S – this curriculum is updated by the month to keep up with the news about PPP-S and Military Spouse Preference and USAJOBS! We are also teaching free webinars FOR military spouses to help YOU and the spouses understand the MSP and federal hiring.
TEN STEPS CLASS INFORMATION:
OPM AND FEDERAL HIRING
USAJOBS UPDATES ADDED TO TEN STEPS
TRAINING AND ADVISING TIPS FOR VETERANS AND FEDERAL RESUMES
- More federal resume coaching on writing a Career Change federal resume for veterans who want to work in a new field from their past military MOS
- More emphasis on accomplishments and keywords for the federal resume – more competition out there
- PPP-S is getting changed or going away – this is happening in the next 1 to 3 months
- New Executive Order by President Trump to make OPM improve training and hiring of military spouses within USAJOBS announcements – more military spouse WIDGETS in USAJOBS announcements (great news).
- More emphasis on Military Spouse “competitive” announcements from USAJOBS – as ordered by the EO from May 2018. This will be very interesting to watch.
- We are recommending that the resumes should be UPLOADED NOW. The USAJOBS builder print preview for managers is still 7-point type and hard for managers to read – if a jobseeker is Referred to a Supervisor.
- Until one year ago, we were recommending the USAJOBS builder, but we are not recommending this anymore.
- We are recommending that the federal resume have a 5-point profile added to the top of the resume to feature the top skills the jobseeker is presenting.
- More YouTubes by Kathryn Troutman. How to Write Federal Resumes for: FAA, FBI Special Agent, Pathways Internships, SES applications. 5 to 10 minutes. Share these valuable YouTubes with your jobseekers.
- The Jobseeker Guide 8th edition will be followed until July 1 of 2019 when the 9th edition of the Jobseeker Guide and PowerPoint will be sent out.
- NEW RESUME PLACE WEBSITE IS COMING OCTOBER 30, 2018.
- NEW TEN STEPS MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE IS COMING. You can more easily access our Ten Steps Licensed PowerPoints and documents.
- Newly designed PowerPoint for Ten Steps to a Pathways Internship for Students and Recent Graduates
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (PROGRAM)
FEDERAL RESUME STYLES
ONGOING TRAINING AND TIPS FOR FEDERAL RESUME WRITING VIA YOUTUBE
NEW JOBSEEKER EDITION, CURRICULUM AND NEW WEBSITES COMING:
NEW CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
FOR FEDERAL RESUME WRITING
Kathryn Troutman has created a new training curriculum specifically for writing resumes. The certification training is all on-line with 6 custom, one-hour videos, and 4 federal resume writing cases that YOU will write with the mentoring, evaluation and targeting with an RP Certified Federal Resume Writer. The original CFJST / CFCC Ten Steps program is a prerequisite. If you want to WRITE and develop resumes for your jobseekers, this new certification is for YOU.
STAY CERTIFIED TO TEACH TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB AND STARS ARE LINED UP FOR MILTIARY SPOUSES. Help your customer land the best jobs in America with career advancement and great benefits.
Without these two classes – Ten Steps and Stars, your transitioning military, veterans, and spouses will not have as much success. The federal resume is very difficult to write, target, develop accomplishments, and keywords.
With your training and coaching your classes will have great results!
Thanks, see you in class. Kathryn Troutman
Jobseeker’s Guide, 8th Edition
BEST BOOK FOR TRANSITIONING MILITARY, SPOUSES AND VETERANS!
It’s time to get this book
to write a GREAT federal resume!
The Stars Are Lined Up for Military Spouses®
- 5 samples of federal resumes of military spouses who landed federal jobs! This book is dedicated to helping military spouses navigate the complex federal job application system.