By Kathryn Troutman,
Program Director, Ten Steps Certification Programs – 2018
December 1, 2017
Effective January 1, 2018, résumés must not be longer than five (5) pages when applying for USCIS jobs. USCIS is implementing this policy in an effort to reduce HR Specialist and hiring manager review time when job applicants submit extraneous information in their job applications. Keeping résumés to a maximum of five pages will allow job applicants to focus on the most critical and relevant information to demonstrate their qualifications for the position for which they are applying.
What is the résumé page limit?
- Effective January 1, 2018, résumés submitted as part of applications for USCIS jobs must not exceed five pages in length.
- What if I submit a résumé longer than five pages?
You will be deemed ineligible for further job consideration.
What resources can help me meet this résumé length?
- Combined notice and guideline PDF (Click to view)
- Memorandum on the Résumé Page Limit from Kathy Hochman, Chief of the USICS Office of Human Capital and Training
- Résumé Length Requirement FAQs
- Preparing an Effective Résumé
- USCIS Connect Hiring Process page
- Contact your servicing Human Resources Specialist/Human Resources