Happy New Year from the Resume Place!
We thought it would be a great idea to look back at some of the best tips from our 2013 articles and review the important lessons learned. Make sure you have got these covered as you jump back into your federal job search in 2014.
Of course, more great tips and articles to come from us in 2014, so sign up for our Resume Place Newsletter to be notified when the articles are posted!
January 17, 2013
- Find out what you need to do now if you are positioning yourself to EVER apply for the Senior Executive Service in the future as the opportunities start to open up.
February 6, 2013
- This tip also applies to 2014! Few people enjoy the task of keeping your resume up to date, but the few minutes you spend each year to jot down your latest career accomplishments will save you time if you should need to get your resume done in a hurry. Follow our easy steps to get this done as painlessly as possible.
March 27, 2013
- The typical questionnaire includes 12-35 questions, and some include up to 100 questions. A completed self-assessment questionnaire with deflated responses is the death-knell for any federal job application. Find out how to complete your questionnaire answers the RIGHT way!
April 30, 2013
- Should you include a Profile section in your resume, or not?
May 21, 2013
- Make sure you are up to speed on the latest changes to Application Manager before you submit your next application!
June 24, 2013
- Wondering how to translate your military experience and acronyms to match an announcement? Read this article for an excellent example!
July 4, 2013
- Students, if you are applying for Pathways opportunities with the federal government, including Presidential Management Fellows openings, then you need to see real-life successful resume samples that will show you how to feature your school, work, and volunteer experiences in the most effective light for federal human resources personnel to read.
August 28, 2013
- Looking for professional help with your resume? This article gives you the top reasons why our resumes ARE the best.
September 17, 2013
- You can be creative with your private industry resume, but not with your federal resume.
September 24, 2013
- Most people write one federal resume and use it to apply to a number of vacancy announcements. Find out why this method is ineffective!
October 17, 2013
- Not sure which format to use for your federal resume? This article will hopefully clear it up for you!
October 30, 2013
- Read real-life examples of how adding accomplishments can make your resume show not only your best skills, but who you are.
November 20, 2013
- See a before and after example of how to highlight your supervisory skills in your resume.
December 12, 2013
- Margaret F. Dikel, who authored The Riley Guide for over 20 years, shares her insight about NON-federal job search.
Sign up to be notified by email when our articles are posted!