Terms and Conditions for the Resume Place, Inc. Website
Welcome to the Resume Place, Inc. (”Resume Place”) website (the “Site”). This terms and conditions page describes the terms upon which you may access and use our Site. By visiting our Site, you affirm that you have read and accept all of the following terms and conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice.
- Ownership of Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Intellectual Property. You acknowledge that Kathryn K. Troutman, President of Resume Place owns the copyright and all other intellectual property rights to this Site and all content, samples, materials and information provided on this Site unless otherwise expressly indicated. All content on this Site is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws. All rights are reserved by Resume Place, and you agree not to copy, reproduce, download, disseminate, publish, or transfer content in any form or by any means, except with our prior written permission, or as permitted by us in a separate written agreement. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
THE RESUME PLACE™ and TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB™ marks are registered trademarks of Resume Place. References on our Site to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Resume Place. Moreover, such third parties do not endorse, sponsor, and are not affiliated with Resume Place.
- References. The Resume Place, Inc. is a member of the Better Business Bureau and is listed/rated by Dun & Bradstreet. We are also a member of Career Masters Institute, Professional Association of Resume Writers and Professional Marketing Association. The Resume Place is listed as a vendor in good standing with the Department of Defense, Department of Health & Human Services, and approximately 40 other federal agencies.
- GSA Schedule Holder. The Resume Place, Inc. is a small woman-owned business and is on the GSA Schedule for Training and Devices, Schedule GS-02-0023S; is listed on the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) and Wide-Area Workflow Billings for Department of Defense Contracting. The Resume Place, Inc. is a sub-prime contractor to the Office of Personnel Management for training the Department of Defense, Washington Headquarters Service Center Training.
- No Effect on Agreements. This Site shall be used for informational purposes only, and nothing on our Site shall be construed to add or modify terms to any existing or future agreements with Resume Place.
- Links to Other Web Sites. Solely as a courtesy to you, we may provide links to other web sites at certain places on our Site; we do not endorse, approve, certify or control any of those web sites. Because we do not have any control over such sites, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content of the sites or the availability, accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of information contained on those sites. Use of those sites or any information obtained from those sites is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. While we make every effort to present accurate and reliable information on our Site, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information. In addition, we have no duty to update the information contained on our Site, and we are not liable to you for out-dated or incorrect information contained herein. Moreover, we reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and we are not liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or interruption in services. All products displayed on our Site are subject to availability. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, ACCURACY, OR SYSTEM INTEGRATION, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE. RESUME PLACE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE HIRED OR ANY OTHER RESULTS.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL RESUME PLACE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, EVEN IF RESUME PLACE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AGGREGATE FEES PAID BY YOU TO RESUME PLACE.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction. Any dispute with respect to our Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, excluding its conflicts of laws rules. All visitors to our Site submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Maryland.
- Notices. In our discretion, we may provide notices of changes to these terms and conditions or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on our Site.
- Eligibility. Our products and services are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our products and services are not available to minors under the age of 18. By visiting this Site and/or making any purchases through this Site, you represent to us that you can form legally binding contracts under applicable law, and that any and all data you have provided, or will provide, to us via this Site, such as your name, address and billing information, is complete and accurate.