Outline Format | View federal resume sample »
For copy and paste into the USAJOBS builder
- Used to copy and paste into the USAJOBS Builder and other online builders
- Formatting complies with USAJOBS parameters
- Features ALL CAP KEYWORDS from the vacancy announcements
- Includes One Year Specialized Experience required from the announcement
Paper Format | View federal resume sample »
For USAJOBS upload feature & printing
- For uploading into USAJOBS or printing as your job fair or networking resume
- Same content as the outline format in a formatted style similar to a private industry resume
- Features keywords in bold type with bullets
- Includes one year specialized experience with formatting for readability
About the Outline Format
How This Format Was Created
The Resume Place, Inc. and Kathryn Troutman, President and acclaimed author created the Outline Format in 1999. All of our book samples and services feature this format.
Is the Outline Format Recognized by the Federal Government?
YES! The is the Federal Resume format that human resources recruiters like to see. It is easy to read, and they can find the keywords and qualifications EASILY when they are reading hundreds of applications.
What Makes This Outline Format Work?
Writing a federal resume is very different from writing a private industry one. Most federal resumes are 3 to 5 pages long. The challenge is to present large amounts of information in a clear, organized way that is easily scanned by both people and computers. The OUTLINE FORMAT succeeds because both the federal human resources staff or the online application programs can effectively identify that the experience you have meets the desired job qualifications.
More Samples Available in Our Books
Several of our publications include professionally-written sample resumes. Many resumes are suitable for use as a template in Word. Print books include the samples on a CD-ROM, and our eBooks have the resumes ready for you to download immediately. Buy books here to purchase the samples below.