Which federal position is correct for your education and specialized experience? Our Federal Career Assessment and Coaching service will provide the information you need for a successful federal job search. The Office of Personnel Management has published position descriptions for most of the positions in government. We will advise you on the best occupational series for your background. This service includes one hour of assessment by one of our Certified Federal Resume Writers, who are also Certified Federal Career Coaches.
Our Assessment and Coaching Methodology
Discussion of the OPM Occupational Standards
- Review of the Occupational Standards against your resume, including education, certifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Introduction and recommendation for the best occupational series for your federal job search.
- Discussion about the match between your resume and the occupational standards for the target position. How does your resume match up? What’s missing?
- Discussion of keywords from the target position toward your resume. A gap analysis is done to find out what is missing in terms of keywords from your resume
Discussion of GS Schedule
- Review of the GS Schedule of salaries and recommendation of the best grade level for your federal job search.
Search for Sample or Target USAJOBS Vacancy Announcement
- Search for a USAJOBS.gov vacancy announcement that is in the target occupational series. We will provide an orientation on vacancy announcements.
- We will review and interpret a sample announcement, including the Duties, Qualifications, KSAs and Questionnaires together, and will provide instruction on how to identify keywords that should be incorporated into your resume.
Applicationmanager.gov Self-Assessment Questionnaire (Test) Lessons
- Questionnaire indoctrination. The questionnaire is an application test. We will advise you about the questionnaire and the importance of giving yourself all the credit that you can when answering the self-assessment questionnaires.
After you order this service and submit your documents to us, you will be assigned to a Certified Federal Resume Writer who will contact you to set up an appointment time.
Read our popular new blog, Applying for Federal Jobs Fast, about a federal job search with multiple jobs that are of interest. The resumes are changed slightly for each position.
Call us during office hours: 9 to 5 Eastern time.