3rd Edition Info
- Paperback: 180 pages
- Release Date: Jan / Feb 2014
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9846671-6-1
- Size: 8.5 x 11 inches
- Retail Price:: $14.95
- Ebook (PDF) Price:: $9.95
Federal Jobs by College Major
See the USAJOBS Federal Employment Information Fact Sheet containing a table that groups Federal jobs that are often filled by college graduates with appropriate academic majors. See the fact sheet
3rd Edition takes the 2013 IndieFab Gold Winner for Career Books!
ForeWord Review Book of the Year Award 2013 Finalist
Selected by panel of over 100 librarians as a finalist in the Non-Fiction Career category!
Attention Students and Grad Students: The Federal Resume is NOT THE SAME as your Private Industry Resume
Find out how to do it right! Get our Federal Resume Samples for PMF and Pathways Applications
Written by Authors with the Inside Scoop
Federal Jobs Guru Kathryn Troutman and Federal Career Counselor Paul Binkley (of George Washington University), with content from 1st edition co-author Emily K. Troutman.
- Eight samples of successful federal resumes from students who were recently hired into internships and jobs in the government.
- See the new format – OUTLINE FORMAT – that is preferred by federal human resources Pathways recruiters and hiring managers. Easy to read and see the relevant skills.
- Federal resumes average 3 to 4 pages; private industry resumes are two pages maximum. Learn how to expand your resume to include more details about your relevant skills, knowledge and experiences.
- Eight samples of private industry resumes for the same job applicants. Check out the differences!
- Learn how to find keywords in a USAJOBS vacancy announcement and add them into your resume.
Learn how to blend courses, majors, papers, projects, and all that you’re doing in college into an internship resume or federal resume that stands out!
Now you can view the samples from the book immediately online to get started right away on developing your resume. These sample resumes are all SUCCESSFUL samples from students who actually achieved their federal internship or job search goals. Samples are written in accepted resume formats by federal HR specialists.
“Kathryn’s book is a well-written, accurate reference source which deals with topics ranging from learning how to network to locating Federal internships. I find Kathryn’s books extremely useful and frequently use them to help students navigate through the Federal employment process and find opportunities.” CHRISTINE EARMAN HARRIGER, M.Ed., M.C.D.P., Career Counselor, George Mason University
“The content offers great federal resume examples and breaks the job search process down into 10 easy to follow action steps. Steps students can do NOW. This guide is a must have resource for ny student interested in a public service career.” Drema Howard, Ph.D, Director, The Career Center, University of South Florida
Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Buy print books on Amazon.com
- Buy Kindle edition on Amazon.com
- Buy eBook (immediate PDF download)
- Discounted bulk ordering for career centers (contact us directly)
Bulk Order Discounts Available from the Publisher
Free Standard Shipping
within Continental U.S. for orders od 10 or more books
will not be charged sales tax for book orders
- Individual books: $14.95 (available on Amazon)
- 10 – 49 books: $12.95 ea
- 50 and up: $10.00 ea