Kathryn Troutman has recruited, hired and developed the best Certified Federal Resume Writing and Consulting Team available.
We can help you with your federal resume and USAJOBS application, as well as your private industry resume and cover letter.
Several of our writers excel at translating Military MOS, career experiences and documented achievements to skills required by both Federal jobs and private industry jobs.
The Resume Place, Inc. has the largest team of trained, certified, and expert federal resume writers and consultants, and SES application writers, developmental editors, and consultants.
Our Writer/Consultants are located throughout the United States and Europe. We are trained to provide expert, considerate services and communications via email, telephone, Skype (some writers use Skype), and in-person (with consultants who are in the Baltimore area).
Our team’s specializations include:
- Military to Federal Resume Translations
- Military to Corporate America Resumes
- Senior Executive Services Applications
- Information Technology
- Administrative and Program Analysis
- Private Industry to Federal Career Changes
- International Relations
- Law Enforcement Investigative Occupations
Writing and Professional Coaching Staff
Thank you for taking the time to meet our staff. Click on the links to read the full staff bios.
Veterans: Our writers are ready to help you translate your military experience to skills and competencies required by both federal and private industry employers.
- 37 years of Federal civilian service with OPM and VA in the areas relevant to career coaching and services
- Adept at bringing candidates’ resumes to life with skilled writing and keen insight
- Amply equipped her with the background and knowledge to assist clients with their job search needs.
- Career professional writer and editor, strong in research, interviewing and analysis
- Experienced career coach
- Focus areas cover many occupational fields, at all levels, including SES
- Federal human resources staffing specialist, expert in relating core job requirements to qualification requirements
- 25 years experience in translating military jargon and acronyms into understandable civilian skills and accomplishmnets
- Extensive experience working for numerous federal agencies over her 30 year career
- Diane’s goal is to help clients put their best foot forward and succeed in their Federal job search.
- Nationally recognized author on career-related topics
- Expert writer for Federal applications, including SES, and private resumes
- Focus: Quality career change, military transition, high-level leadership roles
- 10 years of federal service (Environmental Engineering)
- 10 years with the Resume Place (editor, designer, and webmaster)
- Highly skilled at analysis, research, and communicating effectively in writing
- Motivated to teach clients “how to fish” for their federal job
- Seasoned professional with over 14 years of providing resume writing services.
- As a writer-editor, Amy has performed technical editing and detailed writing in each position of her career.
- Has her MAIS degree, combining Business Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and Employee Assistance Counseling
- Accomplished professional with over 25 years of writing experience
- 27 years of Federal service
- Experienced career coach
- Expert writer for federal and private sector resumes
- Contributing writer to numerous resume and career management books
- Participated in the European Sailors Resume Writing Assistance program
- Highly successful 33 year career in federal service – 20 years with GAO
- Has enjoyed great success in career coaching and mentoring others
- Particularly enjoys “converting military and law enforcement jargon” to civilian job applications
- His progressively responsible federal experience gives him an insider’s perspective toward a successful application package.
- Versatile technical writer with a proven ability to translate military experience into competitive, easy-to-understand language for federal and private sector applications.
- John earned J.D. and M.S. degrees at Tulane University, and received his B.A. in English from Andrews University with honors.
- Over 30 years experience technical writing in Private industry
- Expertise covers many occupational fields
- Focus: Private to Federal transitions
- Has developed and honed outstanding sills in clear and concise communication
- Principal writer for the US Navy Contract for Writing for Sailors, specializing in writing federal resumes for Sailors in diverse locations and specialties
- Adept in interviewing and communicating with military members to discover their goals, analyzing and translating diverse and technical skill sets
- Federal human resources expertise
- 25 years experience in human capital management with the federal government
- First hand experience with the federal hiring process
- Former Federal Government senior level manager and attorney
- Specialist in Congress, law, and management
- Expertise in writing, analysis, public sector management and federal human relations
- Guides military veterans transitioning to civilian positions; expertise assisting military spouses through the Department of Defense’s Priority Placement Program
- Enjoys helping her clients excel and present themselves in the most positive light
- Technical writer and communicator for defense, marketing and non-profit organizations
- Over 30 years of varied jobs in the defense industry
- Specializes in communicating client’s value for a particular job and agency
- Lawyer, trained mediator, technical writer and advocate
- Experienced science writer, newsletter editor, and journalist
- Has a thorough understanding of the hiring process and what prospective employers are seeking.
- Writer and editor with more than 10 years of experience
- Proficiency in technical and non-technical fields
- Ability to grasp the big picture without compromising attention to detail
- Program Manager for Sailors’ Federal Writing Services, Europe and Southwest Asia
- Many published works on Federal Resume writing;
- Private to Federal transition expert
- Expert in distilling Fitness Reports into concise resume content for veterans and current military seeking Federal careers
- Over 20 years professional writing Expertise covers broad range of occupational fields