Join our dynamic Federal Resume Writing and Editing and Federal Job Search Consulting Team and work for the leader in the federal careers industry. Current job postings below.
ABOUT THE TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB®
TRAIN-THE-TRAINER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM »
TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB®
ABOUT THE TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB®
TRAIN-THE-TRAINER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
Established in 2002 by Kathryn Troutman, this is the only federal employment training certification program. The primary audience is military transition and employment readiness classes, but the program also serves federal agencies, university career centers, veteran’s centers, and state employment centers.
Recertification is required every three years. About 50% of first-time certified Ten Step trainers return to obtain recertification and continue teaching the curriculum at their military bases.
OVERALL DUTIES Training Coordinator
- Full-time, Catonsville, MD
TRAINING COORDINATOR – CLASSES:
- Scheduling classes (webinars, live classes, hosted programs)
- Registrations and registration form management
- Curriculum updates and coordination
- Certificate production and mailing
- Customer service
- License agreement and evaluation management
- Evaluation analysis and report production
- List management
- Book distribution management (asking registrants which books they want as part of their registration and fulfilling those requests)
- Marketing management / scheduling communications – Constant Contact newsletters and free webinars for introduction to new materials and updates
- Website maintenance and web page updates
- Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Liaison / communications with trainers / coaches
- Webinars (quarterly) on what’s new – to give updates and information to our currently certified trainers
- Recertification marketing and communications management for trainers with lapsed or expiring certifications
PROPOSALS AND CONTRACTS FOR HOSTED PROGRAMS:
- Respond to inquiries for hosted proposals
- Develop and submit proposals ✱
- Follow up on proposals and questions
- Research possible dates and availability of instructors
- Mark tentative calendar to keep dates open
- Track all contacts in an automated system (spreadsheet or database)
✱ We provide about ten proposals every year. Maybe 3 or 4 will accept and get funding.
- Veteran or military spouse required
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm
- Microsoft Office proficient
- 5 years professional experience in administrative, training, education, and/or career advisement fields
- Skilled in coordination/liaison with attendees and instructors, webinar instructors, coordinators and agency representatives
- Solid understanding of training and education coordination, as well as evaluation of outcomes
- Skilled in scheduling and logistics
- Knowledge of and skill in social media communications
- Shipping publications for training programs. Must lift 30 lbs. Be willing to become proficient with FedEx, USPS international shipping for federal career publications that support the Ten Steps Certification program. Federal Career publications are maintained at the RP headquarters in Catonsville, MD Federal agencies and military bases order hundreds of the main military and spouse books for classes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Education
- QuickBooks proficient
- Knowledge of employment, careers, federal hiring, human resources
HOURS, SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Hours: 9 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Local hire, within commuting distance to Catonsville. MD.
- Salary is negotiated based on experience.
Government holidays. Health insurance benefits; IRA contribution.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter (as two separate Word attachments) via email to email@example.com, subject line: “Application for Ten Steps Training Coordinator, [your name]”.
Writer-Editor (Government Human Resources or Military Background Preferred)
Immediate opening with publishing, training and professional services company located in Catonsville, MD. The Resume Place, Inc./Federal Career Training Institute provides federal career consulting, federal resume writing, career development services to human resources professionals, military transitional counselors, and individual job seekers. We are a government contractor, and work extensively with individuals seeking federal careers, military installations worldwide and government agencies. The position is ideal for a retired federal human resources, senior management or senior military person with background in writing and human resources.
- FEDERAL RESUME WRITING(70%) – Write federal resumes from client existing resume, OPM occupational standards, accomplishments, interview notes, USAJOBS vacancy announcements, evaluations and client documents. The federal resumes are written for compliance with the USAJOBS resume builder. Seeking individual with knowledge of Senior Executive Service applications as well.
- FEDERAL CAREER CONSULTANT AND ANALYST (30%) – In order to write competitive federal resumes, advise clients about federal jobs, occupational series and federal hiring processes.
- Proficient computer skills – 60 wpm minimum typing speed.
- Knowledge of military translation/government human resources processes preferred.
- Knowledge of federal human resources and employment
- Prior working knowledge of Word, Excel, g-mail required
- Communications skills – excellent interview, coaching and communications skills
- Well organized & detail oriented
- Flexible team player, trustworthy and reliable
Minimum 8 years professional experience; College degree in Writing, Editing, Human Resources, Communications, Organizational Development or related majors. Prefer former federal employee with human resources experience or military senior enlisted or officer with writing and/or career counseling experience. COMPENSATION:
This position is contract hourly to start (20-30 hours/week); $33 to $45 per hour. Telework possible. Prefer office writing at Catonsville, MD
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.