Debbie Hahn has an extensive background in acquisition, human resources, and organizational performance that is derived from her 37+ years of public service at the Social Security Administration (SSA). She is now a Resume Place career coach and writer who uses her knowledge of the Federal classification, recruitment, and selection process to prepare applications for entry-to senior-level candidates, especially those targeting jobs in the field of Federal Acquisition. Her keen ability to analyze vacancy announcements for specialized experience and KSA requirements make her an excellent coach and writer.
Debbie’s primary focus during her tenure at SSA was acquisition and acquisition workforce initiatives where she performed as a contract specialist, contracting officer, procurement analyst, Executive Officer, and prior to her retirement, Senior Technical Advisor (Contract Specialist) to the Associate Commissioner for Acquisition and Grants. She has served in various leadership capacities throughout her Federal career and received numerous awards for her outstanding accomplishments.
Ms. Hahn developed and effectively led the effort to implement the Agency’s first Acquisition Workforce Development Strategic Plan mandated by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP). The plan provided a structured approach to improve both the capacity and capability of the acquisition workforce. For example, as the agency’s Acquisition Career Manager (ACM), she successfully spearheaded a pilot for streamlining vacancy announcements in order accelerate the hiring process to fill mission critical acquisition vacancies in less than 30 days. Additionally, as the ACM, she managed and directed three mandated Federal Acquisition Certification programs for the agency. She was an active member of the Interagency Acquisition Career Management Committee responsible for the development and implementation of interagency plans and programs for advancing the management of the acquisition workforce. Her in depth knowledge of these programs allowed her to successfully facilitate and promote career development and strategic human capital management for the agency’s acquisition workforce.
- M.S., Organizational Performance, Bellevue University
- B.S. Management of HR, Bellevue University
- Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting Level III–Senior Acquisition Expert
- Resume Place’s Certified Federal Job Search Trainer/Certified Federal Career Coach (CFJST/CFCC)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, National Association of Retired Federal Employees
- Adjunct Professor at Bellevue University, College of Business
- Consistory President, St. Mary’s United Church of Christ, Westminster, MD
- Debbie organizes an annual Charity Golf Tournament to support several charities including The American Cancer Society, The Robert Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Maryland, and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The 2015 tournament marks 13 years for this event.
- Avid gardener, cook, and beach lover.
Recognitions and Awards
- Top Fundraiser for over 10 years for the North Baltimore County Relay For Life
- Received numerous Honor Awards from the Social Security Administration throughout her career including the Commissioner’s Citation, Deputy Commissioner Citations and Associate Commission Citations for her work in both the public and private sector.