Are you a Hotshot Supervisory Forestry Technician? If so, better include these keywords in your federal resume if you want to get Best Qualified. Look at the descriptions of the Duties, Specialized Experience and then the keyword list. These words are critical for the performance of this position.
Department:Department Of Agriculture, US Forest Service
$38,117.00 to $54,879.00 / Per Year
SERIES & GRADE:
Serves as a highly trained and specialized fire suppression crewmember. Performs incident response to the “hot” portions of the fireline, operating under the pressure of unpredictable, changing conditions.
Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised. Plans, schedules, and assigns work to subordinates. Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members; provides feedback and periodically evaluates employee performance. Provides advice, counsel, and/or instruction to staff members. Recommends or approves appointments, selections, or reassignments to positions appropriate to the selection authority delegated. Effects disciplinary measures as appropriate to the authority delegated in this area. Carries out Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and program activities.
- Incident response to the “hot” portions of the fireline
- Working under pressure of unpredictable, changing conditions
- Perform administrative and human resources; staff supervision
- Carries out disciplinary and EEO functions
I have 90 days on-the-line wildland firefighting experience gained through containment, control, suppression or use of wildland fire. I have documented this experience with specific dates in the Work Experience, Additional Information portion of my application, or Resume.
To determine your eligibility for a primary firefighter position, indicate whether you meet the following age requirement: I am under age 37; OR, after subtracting the months of Federal Service worked in a primary firefighter/law enforcement position, I am less than age 37; OR I am a veterans preference eligible, I am older than age 37 and am requesting a waiver to the maximum age requirement.
- On-the-line wildland firefighting
- Containment, control, suppression or use of wildland fire
- Primary firefighter / law enforcement
Specialized experience is defined as: GS-07: Performed interdisciplinary tactical methods and techniques, related to wildland fire operations for use of water and other additives in controlling and mopping-up fires in order to efficiently and effectively accomplish operations where water was in short supply. Served on a specialty crew (hotshot, helitack, engines, etc.) or assigned to lead fire suppression under the most adverse conditions of climate, fuels, and terrain.
- Tactical methods and techniques related to wildland fire operations
- Use of water and addictives in controlling and mopping up fires
- Efficiency and effectively accomplish operations where water is in short supply
- Specialty crew (hotshot, helitack, engines
- Adverse conditions of climate, fuels and terrain