Established in 1971, The Resume Place has written more than 50,000 resumes. Our Certified Federal Resume Writers are experts in getting you promoted, moving you to a new lateral position, helping you change careers or industries, and/or landing your first professional position. Expertise in veteran, senior executive, technical, and attorney resumes.
Expert federal writing to get you best qualified and hired
Government Agency Training
The most popular federal resume writing and SES training, taught at hundreds of agencies
Become a Ten Steps Trainer
Acclaimed Certification Program for the Ten Steps to a Federal Job®
the Resume Place?
- Our services are backed by over 40 years of experience and excellence.
- Our federal resume format is recognized and accepted by federal Human Resources.
- The Resume Place teaches Federal Resume Writing Workshops at more than 120 government agencies worldwide.
- We are the industry leader in federal job search training. Our company has certified over 1000 federal resume writers and coaches.
- We are the leading producer of books on federal resume writing.
- “I was offered the position and will begin soon. I appreciated your help with my resume and interview preparation. You provided very good tips, were responsive, and kept me motivated." ‒ Applicant decided to leave the military. The Resume Place drafted a resume focused on translating this client’s military service. Client applied for 8 jobs, got 3 interviews and was offered a GS-13 position as a Support Services Supervisor.
- “My current boss shared with me that I was selected for the job because of my resume, as it showed I was fully capable of taking on the position. I can’t stress enough how important a resume is in the Federal Government, so if it wasn’t for your outstanding abilities and expertise in writing resumes, odds are that even with my welding experience, I wouldn’t have been selected for the job, so thank you!” ‒ Jake S.
- Applicant was hired as the CFO for a Large Healthcare Agency, after coming to The Resume Place and working with Kathryn Troutman on the 5-Page SES Resume
“I just heard from my agency. I have been offered and accepted the agency CFO position. Thank you for all your hard work on my resume. It made the difference! I’m so thrilled – can’t wait to start.”
- Applicant was hired into a SES position at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), after working with The Resume Place on the various stages of his SES application
“Thank you for an outstanding job preparing me for a Senior Executive Service (SES) opportunity. Your ability to transform the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) (that you were also instrumental in developing) into a 5-page SES resume was astounding. The package sailed through five of the seven steps in the VA’s extensive evaluation process. Your expert knowledge of ECQ and Technical Qualification fundamentals ensure easy clearing of the VA’s steps one and two (minimum ECQ and Technical Qualification screening). The quality of the package resulted in my package being rated ‘best qualified’ in step three (Executive Review Board rating and ranking). The initial help you provided in construction of a full set of ECQs was critical to my excelling in step four of the process (structured interview). I specifically want to thank you for sharing your knowledge in my preparation for step five (screening by nominating organization, which included a second interview).”
- Applicant went from GS to a SES position with The Office of the Inspector General after coming to The Resume Place for help in rewriting a set of disapproved ECQs in the CCAR format and to include the leadership competencies required for each ECQ category.
"Thanks so much for all your help with this project! Those write-ups looked great! I got the word yesterday that OPM approved my package. Thank you."
“Your resume preparation helped me a lot! You did an excellent job! Thank you!”
“Prior to your assistance, I got absolutely nowhere! I applied for at least 12 positions without being referred and I could not understand why. I was really frustrated! I searched the web and found The Resume Place. I realize now how different the federal application process is from private sector. Resumes must be in a proper format, you must write answers to KSAs, provide additional documentation, and target the right jobs. Without the professional assistance, guidance and advice you provided, I would have never realized these results. The investment I made with The Resume Place has paid off!”
“I want to first start by saying THANK YOU! You were always prompt in your responses and very patient with me. I applied to only 2-3 positions before being selected for an interview for a position as GS-12 Procurement Analyst with the Dept of Health & Human Services DHHS. I was offered the job AND a salary increase of $10K over my private sector salary. I will strongly recommend your company to family and friends.”
“Everything looks and sounds amazing! I know I couldn’t have done this without your help! Sounds very professional and makes me really seem like I have at least one year’s worth of contract experience! Thank you so much for all your hard work!”
“I just wanted to let you know that I got the government secretary job! They pulled all veterans first, then they came back and pulled me and others … today was my first day! Thanks for all of your help!”
“I wanted to thank The Resume Place for helping me secure a position with the federal government. I am frugal by nature so I had concerns about paying for a resume writing service. In the end, I decided to go forward with The Resume Place because securing a position would mean a large return on my investment AND peace of mind. I applied for numerous federal positions prior to working with Resume Place but did not make one cert list. I applied for three federal positions using my resume written by The Resume Place and made all three cert lists!”
- Administrative Law Judge Candidate (and private sector Social Security law attorney), upon completion of the online component of the exam (May 2013)
“Soooo are you going to be at the NOSSCR Conference at any point??? If so, I’d love to thank you in person for all your encouragement and guidance!”
- Steve, upon notification that his (non-veteran) multi-grade application had scored 100 points (May 2013)
“You certainly have done your job and I am very proud of you and all that you do. You are valued and appreciated.”
- Former US Ambassador, regarding new resume and presentation bio (July 2012)
"I appreciate your professionalism and responsiveness. Your research skills are outstanding; you probably found more references, news stories and the like about me than I have seen. You did a fine job and I appreciate your recommendations to make this document as airtight and presentable as possible."
- Joe, Military to Federal, GS-14 (April 2013)
"Thank you so much! I am sure you hear this all the time, but there is NO WAY I could have done this without you. I am sure you must feel good knowing that you literally help people out every day."
- Ray, SES candidate (May 2013)
“Just a short note to let you know I’ve been scheduled for an interview next week. I certainly wouldn’t have made it to this stage of the process without your assistance. Thank you again for all of your hard work!”
"I just wanted to let you know that my resume has been referred to the selecting official. I’ve applied previously for similar positions with my old resume and those were never referred. Thank you so much for your work on my resume."
"Thanks again for your help with my resume! I got the job!! I had my interview last Monday, Friday I got an E-Mail from the HR Dept. Could not have done it without your help!"
- V.J. (A Military service member stationed in Okinawa, Japan)
"Thank you for the outstanding service and professionalism, this was a very rewarding experience for me. I am not sure what the outcome will be, but I was very happy with the service provided by you and your staff. Starting over after 21 years is not an easy thing to do, going from hero to zero, but the little time communicating with you and your staff created an ease in this transition process. I am very happy with the product I received and will recommend your company to other service members."
"I’m delighted that you were on target and in sync with me in this application process. I’m pleased with the resume and the cover letter. Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of the documents that I submitted. Thank you, and I will let you know how this process unfolds."
- Read more
The Federal Resume is not the same as a Private Industry Resume. Beware of the many differences between the...